Agecroft Hall & Gardens is a 23 acre estate featuring a Tudor house originally built c. 1500 in England and transported to Richmond in 1926. Now a museum, owned and operated by The Agecroft Association, the house highlights daily life in a 17th century English manor house. A variety of gardens designed by Charles Gillette surround the house and feature traditional English elements and plants. Agecroft Hall is open to the public six days a week and hosts the Richmond Shakespeare Festival in the summer.
Job Summary: Every
summer Agecroft Hall & Gardens partners with Quill Theatre to produce the
Richmond Shakespeare Festival. This year, the Festival will feature Love’s Labours Lost in June and Macbeth in July. Each play runs
Thursday-Sunday evenings for four weeks. Agecroft Hall opens its gates at 6:00 pm for
patrons to picnic on the grounds before the 7:30 performance in the outdoor
theater in Agecroft’s Outer Courtyard. Festival staff prepare the theater,
operate the box office and concession stand, assist patrons with customer
service issues, reconcile the box office receipts and clean up the theater
after the performance. In addition, staff assist with stage construction, load
in/out and theater break down. Shifts are generally 5:30pm-11:00pm.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Working under a supervisor to assist guests, prepare theatre, and communicate with the other festival staff. Stock playbills, move furniture, light custodial work, transporting water and concessions in preparation for performances.
2. Assist with the concessions cart, ushering duties, and box office duties (including register reconciliation).
3. Provide guest services, including providing information and answering guest questions, resolving disputes and seating issues, assisting patrons needing special accommodations, etc. Monitor guests and facilities before, during, and after productions to ensure the safety of all.
4. Assist in season set up (May 21st – all day) and season clean up (July 31st – all day).
5. Attend periodic scheduling meetings and/or trainings, and assist with all load-ins of water, printed materials, and other material.
6. Other duties as assigned.
High school degree preferred. Some college a plus. Strong work ethic with ability to learn quickly, problem solve and maintain grace under pressure. Good oral communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well on a team as well as independently with focus on smooth operations and efficiency. Demonstrated punctuality. Respect for the special needs of a historic house required. Demonstrated interest in theater operations a plus. Applicants available for duration of the season (Late May-End of July) will be given first consideration.
Exposed to all summer weather conditions. Ability to stand and walk, outdoors, for long periods of time (1-5 hours). Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
All Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights: June 1st-25th & July 6th-30th (5:30pm-11:00pm).Saturday, July 2nd (5:30pm-11:00pm); May 21st (all day); July 31st (all day)
individuals may direct resumes with short cover letters to email@example.com
Agecroft Hall & Gardens is an equal opportunity employer.